Due to COVID-19 face to face training has been suspended however training is still available to BCHC staff and students via e-learning and online teleconferencing. For further information, please contact Smallwood Library on Smallwood.email@example.com
We offer free training courses to enable staff and students on placement to develop skills to support CPD, research, evidence based practice and more. There are regular scheduled training sessions held at Moseley Hall Hospital, or we can arrange group sessions at various locations.
Browse dates and details of our Information Skills Training Oct-Dec 2020.
Courses on Offer
- Assignment support: Tailored support for individual assignments.
- The Cochrane Library: Introduction to searching across all the databases in The Cochrane Library.
- Critical Appraisal: Developing the ability to assess the quality of published evidence
- Library Induction: Introduction to services, resources and facilities available from the Library.
- Referencing on Mendeley: Introduction to methods for managing references on Mendeley Referencing Software.
- Reflective writing: Developing skills to complete pieces of written reflection for use in CPD or revalidation.
- Searching Healthcare Databases: Introduction to searching healthcare databases to identify relevant published evidence
- Quality Information on the Internet: Introduction to key healthcare websites and gaining hands-on experience using them.
How to Book
To discuss your requirements or book a place on a training course contact the Library on 0121 466 6282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare (HEE e-LfH) works in partnership with the NHS and professional bodies to support patient care by providing e-learning to educate and train the health and social care workforce.
Access all Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare programmes at http://portal.e-lfh.org.uk/account/logon with your NHS OpenAthens account. There are also modules on how to search effectively for literature accessible at https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/literature-searching/. Login with your NHS OpenAthens account to ensure your learning activity is recorded.
The library is very happy to support all Journal Clubs at BCHC. We can help you with setting up a new club or in supporting existing clubs. We also offer critical appraisal or evidence based training for members.
Please contact the Library with details of your journal club so that we can keep an accurate and up-to-date record of what journal clubs exist within BCHC.