The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Library is situated in the Knowledge Hub and is part of a consortium of West Midlands NHS libraries. Membership is open to all Trust staff, students on placement (for the duration of their placement) and those on the Birmingham Orthopaedic Teaching Programme, as well as Trust council members and volunteers. We also welcome visits from patients and members of the public.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Library aims to support the Trusts’ vision to be at the cutting edge of knowledge, education, research and innovation by providing the necessary resources and skills to support clinical and management decision making, research and professional development.
The following services are offered:
- An online library catalogue, which can be used to reserve books or renew existing books loans
- An extensive journal collection
- Computer Access and photocopying services
- A well-being area that offers a variety of books and activities that are available to help you unwind and relax your mind
- Members can also return books to the returned book box, which is situated in the main corridor next to the cash machine 24 hours a day
- A range of searchable medical databases
- Training (in use of the library, electronic resources, medical databases and e-learning)
- We hold a collection of articles authored by ROH staff. For the list of citations click here.
- Springer Nature have selected a freely available collection of content relevant to some of the issues that have led to the use of this singularly powerful statement, Black Lives Matter.