The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Library is situated in the Knowledge Hub and is part of a consortium of West Midlands NHS libraries, known collectively as Base-library. Membership is open to all Trust staff, students on placement (for the duration of their placement), those on the Birmingham Orthopaedic Teaching Programme as well as Trust council members and volunteers. We also welcome visits from patients and members of the public.
The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Library aims to support the Trusts’ vision to be at the cutting edge of knowledge, education, research and innovation by providing the necessary resources and skills to support clinical and management decision making, research and professional development. The following services are offered:
- An online library catalogue which can be used to reserve books or renew existing books loans
- An extensive journal collection
- An online ordering system for journals articles and literature searches
- Computer Access
- Photocopying services
- Members can also return books to the returned book box which is situated in the main corridor next to the cash machine 24 hours a day
- A range of searchable medical databases
- Training (in use of the library, electronic resources, medical databases and e-learning)
- We hold a collection of articles authored by ROH staff. For the list of citations click here
- Point of care tool for staff – BMJ Best Practice
- Springer Nature have selected a freely available collection of content relevant to some of the issues that have led to the use of this singularly powerful statement, Black Lives Matter.
Resources for NHS England ambulance staff:
Library opening times:
- 8am to 9:30pm (including weekends)
- The library is staffed 9:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday.
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
Bristol Road South
Birmingham B31 2A
Tel: 0121 685 4029 / ext. 55540