Welcome to the website of the Library Service based at New Cross Hospital & Cannock Chase Hospitals.
The service is here to help you locate and use the best evidence and thus deliver safe patient care. Use the menu to retrieve information about library services
As a result of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) there are some changes to library and knowledge services;
The following changes have been implemented for users of the library;
If you wish to loan books please follow the following procedures;
- on the form on the enquiry desk add your ID card number in the appropriate column
- inside the front cover on the page facing you will see a barcode beginning with NX. write this in the column for the book ID number. Your item is loaned until the 25th April in the first instance..
- Fines on all library books have been suspended indefinitely.
- Books on loan will be auto-renewed until 25th April, at the earliest. The policy will be under constant review.
- Notifications on overdue books is suspended, however notifications for books on reservation will continue to be sent to alert you that a book has been received by the library.
- Please note that some partner BASE libraries are now closed and their stock is unavailable for reservation.
- An online library service will be maintained where possible. If staff are unavailable please use the library’s website for information and links.https://www.base-library.nhs.uk/rwtlks/
- If you are returning library books please use the book return bin situated outside of the library entrance and library staff will collect them.
- We are pushing news and research about COVID-19 out to staff via the library’s Twitter account. Please follow us at; @rwtlibrary.
- We strongly recommend registering for an Open Athens account to access key articles. You can do this via Quick Links – Athens on the Intranet.
Chat to a member of the library team (available during staff times). Please click here and enter the details of your enquiry. – not active at present
The libraries are available as;
- a place to study
- a place to relax
- a place to work
For support and advice contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
Check out the latest research and evidence based information relating to Coronavirus by using the sub page on our site.
The Library & Knowledge Service has arranged trials to 2 packages of online medical knowledge resources including Aclands Anatomy.
Click on these 2 links to access. You will need to select Athens login and then Athens Federation before scrolling down using the Select an Institution to Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
The Library Service provides a critical role in Knowldge Management, which is a key part of Health Education England’s Knowledge for Healthcare Strategy. For more infrormation click here.